Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Foodie Reviews

Having the possession of wandering taste buds, I like to try out different cuisines - strictly vegetarian / non alcoholic. Luckily I have partners in my crime who are always there to experiment along with me. I love to review the places I visit, food I eat and experiences I had.



In my quest to explore the flavors all around, I review the places I visit. I follow a simple methodology to review.

I use four key parameters on which I give rating on a scale of 5. A rating of 5 being the best and 0 being the worst. These include:

  • Food: Taste matters and obviously its the most important ingredient of a perfect foodie review. This factors in the taste, hygiene, preparation and overall quality of the dishes. So, when I say 5, it means a real deal.
  • Service: Service is also an important dimension for the review as some restaurants are innovative to not to keep you waiting - by offering complementary appetizers, while others are just so fast that they need any appetizers to keep the foodie busy. This factors in speed of delivering the order, staff friendliness, availability of multiple payment options, etc.
  • Ambience: Restaurants now a days don't just offer food, they offer experiences to remember. Its an important factor to get the repeat customers. Surely an important factor for the fine-dine restaurants and would not be relevant for the take-aways.
  • Value for Money: What's the use of eating out at a place if it leaves a deep hole in your pocket. Money matters - and of course, honey will taste sweeter if it comes at a right money. This factors in whether the entire experience for food, service and ambience is coming at a right price or not. Surely an important factor for the entire deal.
Overall Rating: Its simply the average of above 4 factors. Slightly up and down - of course, rounding off is part of the entire maths.

Summary: What's the use of numbers without a perfect commentary. This includes the summary of entire experience supporting all the maths above. Gives the subjective idea of the experience at a particular place.

My food journey can be checked out at my Zomato Profile

(or click the image below)

0 comments:

(c) Pranav Pareek. Powered by Blogger.

About me !!

I am a finance guy, a Chartered Accountant and an Investment Banking professional.
This blog is all about what I love / what I like or might also include what I don't like at all. Pretty much anything / everything what goes thru my mind.
Some stuff might interest you / some might sound boring. But well, that's me :)